Sunday, September 30, 2012

Origami Blues


In my first Craft Soiree experience, I got this cute origami box from Mikko as a packaging for her raffle items. I liked it so much that I immediately grabbed the box from the raffle prize pile! :D

The itrydiy box is from Mikko, while the other three are the ones that I made.

On that night, I started to study the box, on how she made it and I started to unravel the folds. On my first try, it wasn't really good since I used a thick cardboard which was very hard to fold. So I tried it again on a thinner paper and made the red one on the photo.

I was happy with my newly acquired talent (haha!!) that I made two more. And right now I'm itching to do more and planning to make this as packaging for future gifts and for my online shop Roma Amor.

I've always loved paper and the art of origami since I was in grade school. I remember, my classmates before would ask me to make them the fortune telling style origami (don't know the exact name, hope you know what I mean) and I would boast about my paper-folding skills.

And now I'm excited for my niece's 1st birthday party, she's having a Japanese-theme and my sister plans to have origami cranes as the table center-piece! And of course I'm doing it! Haha!! Sooo excited! Would post about it soon!


* For more info about Mikko:
Facebook: itrydiy
Twitter: itrydiy

No comments:

Post a Comment